Bay Venues is proud to be part of the local community and we recognise the importance of giving back. To apply for sponsorship, please read our policy below and if you qualify, then please complete the form below this. In addition to this general sponsorship policy and approach (outlined below), we offer discounts to not-to-profits who utilise our ASB Arena venue.
View our recent sponsorship distributions
Sponsorship Policy and Guidelines to 31 July 2016
- As a community-focused organisation, Bay Venues recognises that we have the ability to help local not-for-profit organisations, schools, kindergartens and community improvement groups achieve their objectives and goals via the sponsorship of entry tickets to our venues – with these tickets then being used for prizes or as incentives/giveaways. NOTE that tickets are being made available to be used as fundraisers; they are not to be used as discounted entry to our facilities. As such, tickets can not be used en masse by one group for gaining entry to a facility.
- In order to optimise this sponsorship, it is important that we manage the process in a controlled manner so that as many organisations as possible can benefit. Hence the creation of this policy and application process.
- Our objective via sponsorship is to support activity that directly benefits our Tauranga City (Tauranga Moana) and Western Bay of Plenty communities, and to encourage long-term relationships with these communities. In general we do not support “out of region” organisations or events.
Saying “no” is never easy, so we ask that you read our guidelines below before completing our online Sponsorship Application Form. This will save time and the embarrassment of declining requests that do not fall within our policy requirements. Thank you.
- In-kind sponsorship via entry tickets to our aquatic facilities and 7 day passes to our Clubfit gyms are available; but please note that no cash sponsorships will be made.
- Tickets cannot be used to discount entry fees (i.e. a team cannot use tickets to get discounted entry into our facilities) - the intention of the sponsorship is that the tickets will be used as prizes as auctions, fund raisers or other events of this nature.
- We prefer to support as many community groups and organisations as we possibly can, and therefore limits apply for any sponsorship request. The maximum number of entry tickets we will give in any one application is 10 unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Applications from community groups are welcome, but please note that we generally don’t support individuals or families, discounts for class trips or discounts for individual sports teams. Neither do we support political organisations, research funding, or commercial entities.
- All applications for donations and sponsorship must be made in writing using the form below. This is the only form of application we will accept.
- The request must be made at least one month prior to any event that the sponsorship/support relates to.
- The request will only be viewed during normal office hours. Please allow up to five working days for your request to be processed and a response to be made to you (the response will always be in writing).
- While not mandatory, we do ask you to acknowledge our support by including our logo in any public announcements, newsletters, event marketing collateral and advertising, etc. Applicable logos will be supplied to you with notification of your successful sponsorship application.
- Organisations may not apply more than once in a calendar year. Once sponsorship has been agreed, it may not be increased or used for other than the intended purpose.
- Any complimentary tickets or passes not used for their intended purpose should be returned to Bay Venues Limited.
- No Bay Venues Limited staff member or representative of the sponsorship recipient organisation shall receive a personal benefit from a sponsorship, except where that benefit is no different to the benefit available to any other member of the public.
- Bay Venues reserves the right to publish details of our sponsorship on this website.