Aqua Babes is our specialised learn to swim programme for toddlers and babies.
We believe in a child-centred swimming philosophy. The children progress from skill to skill at their own pace when they are ready. We aim to promote safety skills, a love of swimming and a sense of confidence and independence for toddlers and babies.
All our infant teachers are highly trained and skilled in teaching infant aquatics. We recommend that you swim with your little one at least once more each week when possible.
Throughout the programme we aim to encourage the development of skills such as:
- Developing kicking (gross motor skill)
- Upper body strength and control (gross motor skill)
- Balance and rocking (vestibular system)
- Rolling and spinning (laterality, gross motor skills and balance)
- Developing hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Language, understanding and imagination
- Self esteem, confidence and belonging
Your First Lesson
We've made two helpful videos so whether you'll be swimming at Baywave or Greerton you and your Aquababe can be prepared and confident on your first day! Click here to find out what you can expect at your first swimming lesson!